Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:19 PM   #1

need to buy a compact digital camera ... looking for 3-5 MP and price range of $250-400 CDN. what make/model should I begin to look at? it would have to take great pics of course.. and good night shots (this one seems to be the toughest to find).

please advise .. my sister has the Kodak CX7330 3.1 MP and its good outdoors but the indoors and night shots suck. plus 8x10 pics no good either ..

i would also prefer the camera to be SD compatible ..

pbosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2005, 6:43 PM   #2

What do you mean by " night shots, oops"? Doesn't her camera have a flash?

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:20 PM   #3

night shots.. what do you mean what do I mean? that isnt self explanatory?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:56 PM   #4

pbosco wrote:
Quote:
night shots.. what do you mean what do I mean? that isnt self explanatory?
Nope - not at all. Think of all the ways one can take photographic shots at night - with flash, without flash, timed exposure with flash, etc. Now think about all the things that are commonly photographed at night, such as cityscapes with longer exposures. If you have the capability to think of all these things, then you might figure out why I asked what I did. Of course, the odds that you will be able to understand any answers is quite slim, given your apparent inability to understand simple questions....

PhilR.

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:25 PM   #5

lol.. you're serious? wow thanks for your indepth take on night shots.. great forum!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:32 PM   #6

btw i just realized what that "night shots, oops" is .. this forum bleeps out expletives.

anyways yes her camera has a flash, but night shots dont come out well at all. even when the subject being less then 10 ft away.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:35 PM   #7
KSV

pbosco wrote:
Quote:
lol.. you're serious? wow thanks for your indepth take on night shots.. great forum!
IMHO I believe that this forum is quite friendly. And PhilR.is dead right - expression "night shoots" is meaningless without explanation. Almost any camera can do great night shoots if handed properly. So perhaps instead of being rude and asking way too generic and broad questionsyou should have some reading about basics in photography?
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:49 PM   #8

how was I rude? give me a break .. and sorry for not being up on "night shots", I would think this forum would be here to HELP not to insult ! take basic photography.. wow, now that's not rude?

next time I will study photography first then post a message.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:40 PM   #9

KSV, your the only "RUDE" poster in this thread.
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:43 PM   #10

If we can get back to the question. You still don't say in what way the night shots fall short of your expectations.

At 10ft you are at the limit of the flash's range, beyond it if you've zoomed in to the max, according to the specs on Kodak's web page.So you could try getting closer.

The other possible problem is that the camera may not focus accurately in low light. It doesn't appear to have a focus assist light.

If you post one of the problem photos and the exif data people may be able to rovide more help.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote