Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:31 AM   #1

Guys

Anybody got any reviews/opinions on the new Fuji F10?

Thanks
rscosworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2005, 8:20 PM   #2

I took some pictures with it today at Best Buy...also with the E550. The E550 was noticeably better - the salesperson even tried to tinker w/ the settings but the colors looked "washed out"...my first (albeit quick) impression was that in making it look sleek, they might have sacrificed image quality.

Did you check out the F810? That one looks more promising!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:13 AM   #3

Take a look at this review.
Must be a technological breakthrough ...
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:07 AM   #4

My personal experience with Fuji has been slowww, noisy and those stupid xD cards which are flimsy..

This camera looks intersting but again its those stupid xD cards.

I would rather buy a SD400 or SD500
chrisdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:26 AM   #5

chrisdsa wrote:
Quote:
My personal experience with Fuji has been slowww, noisy and those stupid xD cards which are flimsy..

This camera looks intersting but again its those stupid xD cards.

I would rather buy a SD400 or SD500
Yip - add superzoom (12x) + IS to above mentioned tech and you got a winner! AA batteries would be nice, too.
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 1:32 PM   #6

I just bought one a few days ago. Can't say I know everything about digital cameras, but I did a fairly thorough look around to see what was available in the compact-high quality range of cameras. So far I'm very happy with the camera as my intended 'point and shoot'. Manual settings are missing and would be preferred, but what the camera does have is great image quality, sharp and good color, very long battery life, very very quick to start up and focus/shutter, and the higher really usable ISO is great, screen could be ideally be higher resolution but is nice and big, very solid feel in the hand and for me fits well with a better grip than most compacts I tried. As for the xD card, its my first time with one, but I just got a 1GB and don't think I'll have to worry too much about it as it will pretty much sit permanently in the camera - 1 charge is about 400 pictures at the cameras highest photo quality setting.
dreamsandart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 2:17 PM   #7

I did evalute this camera a few days ago and it was a pleasant experience. I think I do like it more than the Canon SD400 or SD500. For one it is cheaper and hence may provide better value. The image quality looks great and I like the feel and construction. Looks like Fuji has taken in a lot of the critical comments about the previous cameras and fixed a lot of the problems.

However the higher price of the xD cards might offset the cost savings. One can only hope that Fuji will go over to cheap SD cards.
Old May 13, 2005, 3:09 PM   #8

the a400 has less noise than the f10? I dont think so.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:33 PM   #9

I personally don't understand the problem with xd media. "Expensive" is a relative term, I assume you only mean opposed to the sd media. A 1gb xd is ~$90 at newegg, with the cheapest 1gb sd at $68. I don't think a $22 difference should influence your opinion a whole bunch when you can take tens of thousands of photos using the media.

I alsochecked out a F10 at the local camera shop. It does look like Fuji has come up with a nice fast (extremely fast start up time) p&s. My only issue would be the proprietary battery. With a p&s, I'd like to see a battery that I can get at any drug store in any podunk should the need arise.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 2:14 AM   #10

For me SD cards are better for two reasons 1) price and 2) versatility

I bought a 2Gb SD card and now can store lots of pictures and video for about $140. I cannot even get a 2GB xD card.

I can also share my GB SD cards with my MP3 player and Treo. I dont want to buy different cards for my cameras and everything else which is on one standards.

Hence it is not just the so called $22 price difference .. it just keeps my life simpler..