Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:08 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Canon Rebel XT and really love it. However I miss my old Sony P-52 which I always had with me.

I was going to buy the Sony P-93 since I have Sony memory cards and lots of Ni-MH rechargeable aa's. However I keep reading great reviews of the Canan A-95 which uses aa's and CF (same as XT)
Both cameras are 5mp and 3x opt zoom and similar priced. Sony is smaller and lighter. Seems everyone is buying the P-150 or P-200. Is there something wrong with the P-93???

Can anyone convince me to go for the Sony P-93, or is it the Canon A-95 or should I forget about using aa's and go for the P-150 or 200?
stonehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:33 AM   #2

I am currently using a P-93.

To me there is much difference between the colors of theimages produced by P93 and A95. The saturation on the p93 is less than expected whereas a95 is more than expected. If you don't want to postprocess the images that can make a lot difference. At least for me it does.

I personally don't like the colors of my sony and because of that i am planning to switch to a canon. For the remaining criterias the P93 does quite well.

I don't know if that issue matters for you or not but maybe this experience of mine can give some idea.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:44 AM   #3
KSV

I would go for A95 - you can use your AA battery and having the same media is *BIG* bonus IMHO.
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:47 AM   #4
KSV

I would go for A95 - you can use your AA battery and having the same media is *BIG* bonus IMHO.

************* For some bloody reason it repeated itself *************

************* Moderators can you delete this message? tnx *********
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote