Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:49 AM   #1

Help me out a little bit would ya please. I am having a hard time choosing between the Sony M1, The Pentax 750z, and the Samsung V70. Would someone help me aout a little bit. you can email me at [email protected] Thank you in advance
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:30 AM   #2

Dont ever buy sony digicams!! They have FAKE interpolated movie modes!! Pentax optio 750z is great except a bit slow I heard. I am thinking of buying the Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200. This seems the BEST CAMERA so far. Read reviews.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa200/

This is available for $562 from price grabber. The pentax optio 750z is around $400 from pricegrabber.com Well for that extra $150I think you get a great cam in the Dimage A200. They say its D-SLR like. 8mp 7x optical, VGA @30fps and lots more!! Read my other recent posts.

Also FYI, the best;

DVD burner around is the "LG GSA 4163" model for around $70 retail!

Motherboard is Asus P5AD2-E Premium (not deluxe version) $230.
Digicamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:03 AM   #3

Digicamguysaid: "Dont ever buy sony digicams!! They have FAKE interpolated movie modes!! "

This is a strange comment! I looked carefully at Steve's initial report on the Sony M1 and the words 'interpolated' or 'fake' never seem to appear. I wonder how he missed reporting on something so basic?

It sounds more like your major complaint is the name 'Sony' printed on the camera and, if you see that...you automatically assume it is no good. This is hardly an attitude to help abeginner trying to get 'objective' advice in order to make a buying decision.

Skyline, it would help us if we knew what was important to 'YOU' and what you were looking for in a camera.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:04 PM   #4

I'm really just looking for the best camera for the money, I can get the samsung v70 which is nice but not all that great looking. The sony is nice looking it's just there aren't that many features to it. The pentax so far seems to make the most sense to me. However I also have a budget. I don't buy cameras that often so I'm looking to get a camera that is going to last me a while. I pretty much also ant the most bang for the buck you know. I don't want to buy something cheap because it will be cheap.
I would also like the screen to fold out and rotate thats the major feaure.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote