Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:27 AM   #1
kfc

Most of my images will be low light indoor photos. Mainly clubs and other areas of the sort. The rest of my photos will be taken in low to high light conventions.

I'm basically looking at the best pocket sized; fast camera that I can buy that will handle the task. A camera with more than 3x zoom would be great, but for the market that I'm looking at, I don't see that camera.

So between the Canon SD500, Canon S70, Sony P200 and Sony W7 what camera looks the best for my conditions?

Thanks!
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:37 AM   #2
kfc

BTW the Nikon Coolpix 7900 doesnt look as bad as well.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:39 AM   #3

W7 is bad for red eye. If youre taking in a lot of indoor situtations, get theP200 because of the way the flash is positioned on the P series, it eliminates many red-eyes. In fact if you want to save a little money and don't mind it being a little thicker,go for the P93A.
finalcoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:51 PM   #4
kfc

I just checked out the W7 at bestbuy today. One thing that turned me off was how it looks. Online, the pictures of it look good. But in person it looks like a hp camera with some cheap bling bling. The P200 appealed much more to be because of the style and mostly metal body. I hate these cheap plastic looking cameras. So I think right now it is down to the SD500, P200 and S70.

BTW can anyone here recommend a non Sony camera or give a second opinion? I know its rare on these forums, but it would be nice.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:49 AM   #5

I have tried both the SONY P200 and the P93A and feel that the picture quality in terms of color and sharpness to be far superior on the P200.
lcmb11444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:22 AM   #6

The W1/W5/W7 are bad for red-eye, but don't have the black shadow line beside your subject which comes from a side positioned flash.

It a personal choice, red-eye is easy to fix, a black shadow line is a lot less.
Pic-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 9:06 AM   #7
SJB

In a nutshell...I tried the Canon SD500, Sony W7, Sony P200, and the Casio Z750;

The best all around for picture / movie quality (indoors and outdoors), scene modes, movie modes, speed, LCD, size, battery life, etc. was the CASIO. Downside for me with the CASIOis the cradle.
SJB is offline   Reply With Quote