Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 24, 2005, 9:07 PM   #11

105sunset wrote:
Quote:
Jedi, I own a Canon A80 which is a 3x zoom, and I am constantly wanting a larger zoom for capturing pics my 3 year old. This is why I am also in the market for a new cam. I am looking at a Konica Minolta A200, and the Panasonic FZ20. I also mainly take pictures of my family and special occasions, and when they are indoors, I have often found that I need more power in my flash than what is built into the A80, so I am also looing for a cam with a hotshoe for attaching an external flash. I think you are on target if you look at the FZ20, the A200 the G6 and the Konica Minolta Z5.

My opinion for what it's worth! :G
Great, I'll look into those cameras. I'm really a newb when it comes to all of this. I currently have an old Sony DSC P1 that was given to me 2-3 yrs ago. So I'm trying to review the best that I can and ask questions to help in this purchase.

I understand that Sony users will always stick with Sony, Canon userswith Canon, and so on. But for me, I just want to buy a good camera that I'll be happy with. As long as it has a good zoom and fast speeds as not miss any good pics, I'll be happy.

I'm going to continue my hunt but thanks to all who have helped me so far!

Jedi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 9:08 PM   #12

double post

Old Apr 24, 2005, 9:08 PM   #13

double post
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:30 AM   #14

I have a Panasonic fz15 which is great for geting pictures of my grandchildren playing outside which are much better with the long zoom than with my old 3x zoom.The fz15 has most of the features of the fz20 at about $100. cheaper price
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote