Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:07 AM   #1

Hello, im going on vacations very soon (in the end of this week and still have to order the camera from the shop) and i need to buy a camera to take some nice photos i would take mostly landscape photos but also would like something that works well in low ligth condicitions.

I have looked for the specs of Nikon and Ricoh and R2 (except for the low flash, but is also a little camera) seems all that i want, but i have see some options about other Ricoh models about there poor image quality sometimes and so i tougth again in the Nikon.

In need some advices about what yout think is the best camera, if should i worry about the sometimes bad quality of Ricohand have this cameraa bad flash?
Is this compensate in terms of Zoom 5x, focal 28-135mm,2ยด5 lcd and the possiblity of carry 2xAA if the battery runs out.

Thanks alot for the attention

brunocruz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:24 AM   #2

An old rule: Never take a new camera on vacation. It takes time to figure out a new camera, digital more than chemical. Unless you think the idea of a good vacation is reading a camera manual.

So I'd suggest that you simply take your current chemical camera. If you don't have one, get a good handfull of disposable/one-use cameras - some with flash, some water resistant.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:15 PM   #3

I have to agree with Bill. Some things are too important to risk with unfamiliar equipment. You need some time to get used to the quirks...and they ALL have them! :?before you set out on your trip. It saves a lot of disappointment.

Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 4:09 PM   #4

thanks guys for your advice, i will probably do it.

but will also buy a camera for the futher what do you think is the best choice, the nikon coolpix 5900 or the ricoh r2 ?
brunocruz82 is offline   Reply With Quote