Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:13 AM   #1

Please tell us how good it is??
shulaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:25 AM   #2
Administrator

The reason we have delayed the conclusion is that we want to use the newer 18-55mm Mark II kit lens - we did not get one with the camera body. We will hopefully post the conclusion in the next few days and then update it and the ample photos accordingly after we get the new kit lens.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:14 PM   #3

So, can you at least tell me this? If you hads $ 1000 to spend, would you buy the Rebel or something else??
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:41 PM   #4

What is the issue here??? Is the lense with the camera not up to snuff compared to the previous lens??

See below

What is happening -- we want to use the new 18-55mm Mark II kit lens for some of our sample photos and Canon did not send the lens with the Rebel XT body. There have been some concerns about the difference between the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the original Digital Rebel and the new Mark II lens shipping with the Rebel XT.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:23 PM   #5

Relax!!

Steve is right to postpone the reviewuntil he gets the new lens....I don't see this as a let down as you have named this thread.

Be patient.....however, if you start feeling impatient, check your invoice.....

In other words, be grateful for thethese reviews.....

Mike682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:41 PM   #6
Administrator

So far we have been very satisfied as to image quality and overall camera performance, just look at the samples we have already posted. We were using the older kit lens and then found out that the XT ships with a newer lens and just want to be sure that it gets properly reviewed.

No matter what you buy - something better and probably cheaper will come along in six months to a year so - buy now and use it and be happy or wait forever and never have the pleasure of making great pics. Five years (or less)ago the pro level dSLRs weren't anywhere near this quality or performance level and they sold for $15k and more...

And of course now you also have a new Nikon D70s and D50 to consider too, it never ends folks - it just keeps getting better!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:50 PM   #7

Well you are right about the fact that something will always get better...but I just want this $1200 Canadian to go to something I'll love for 7 years, since my last Canon S40 was not really up to snuff for the $$. This is why I am going SLR this time. Could I suggest the you take a field of vision test with the Rebel so we can see how WIDE ANGLE it can go compared to a standard camera?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 5:22 PM   #8

shulaj wrote:
Quote:
... Could I suggest the you take a field of vision test with the Rebel so we can see how WIDE ANGLE it can go compared to a standard camera?
shulaj, could I suggest that you do some reading. Knowing the focal length of the lens and the field of view crop factor (often noted as focal lenght multiplier) will tell you everything you want to know about that.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote