Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:44 PM   #1

Um...Hello!

I'd like to buy myself a camera for my birthday. I saved some money up and when I started searching for a camera I was shocked. So many cameras, so small amount of money.

Now...I'd like a camera I could do macros and clipswith sound with it. And for money limits then I've gathered 400 dollars only.

I hope You'll help me,

Laura
saurlygien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:40 PM   #2

Just about all digicams can do macro - in fact it would be hard to find one that didn't. At this point, there are a hundred different choices out there that would meet your specifications. Perhaps you could let us know how many megapixels you need, how much zoom (if any) you want, what size of camera you would like, and since most of us don't live in Estonia, what brands are available to you.

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:24 AM   #3

I think I'd go for3 Mp because I've heard that they don't matter so much. About zoom, the more the better. Probably nothing under 3x digital zoom. Size doesn't matter much, but smaller and lighter is better, because I like hiking and traveling. All my pictures have been taken with this russian camera Zenit, but it's quite heavy and big, tough the picturesare very nice.

As in brands, we have BenQ, Canon, Casio, Chronos, Fuji, HP, Kodak, LG, Logitech, Minolta, Mustek, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, RoverShot, Sony, Sweex and Trust.

Laura
saurlygien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:16 AM   #4

i would be looking at the

Fuji S5500, Olympus C770 for zoom and picture quality (they are bulky).

Canon A95, A85 for good shots, smaller size camera with a few more megapixels.

Olympus and Fuji are doing well at the moment, and from the models ive used, take great quality shots in most conditions.
twofruitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:14 AM   #5

PANASONIC LZ2 has 5MP, 6x zoom stabilized, light, fast and price isaround 300 €.

Very sharp pictures, fast, easy of use (quick function buttons, not complicated ans slow menus : one touch for EV compensation, bracketting, timer, burst mode, view last pic, real time histogram,...) LCD 2" with 7 steps lightning, pictures well exposed in low light. Size 10x6x3 cm (pocketable ? : for me, yes in a front pocket jeans)

I have it since one week and i'm happy with it (better than my Canon A80 : LZ2 has same picture quality, is much faster, has not so many manuel functions, but better functions (bracketting), very better and bigger LCD (even in the sun, it's OK).

I have printed some shots : very good.

Have a look at the LZ2!

Pierre Ardennes is offline   Reply With Quote