Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 28, 2005, 9:03 PM   #1

I loved my Kodak LS443. I've had it for a little under three years and suddenly all I get is a blank screen. I searched the Internet and found out that this problem was wide spread along with a lens retracing failure ... Kodak wants $150 to fix plus $35 S&H ... I mentioned this to my friend who purchased one after me and he told me his was sent to the shop and repaired but failed within three months so he bought a Canon ... I will do the same ...

http://www.**********************/koda...0-reviews.html

There are hundreds of reviews that state the same problem ...

I will never buy Kodak again

[email protected]
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:12 PM   #2

Called Kodak and we worked out a replacement for my faulty camera, they were aware of the LS443 being a problem caused in production and discontinued it but not after a few thousand were sold ... they offered me a new model at a discount price plus and additional $100 Knocked off, so how can you argue, I did get 3 years out of my LS443, Damn, I loved that camera, wish it wasn't the Edsel of it's time...lol, but I'm glad Kodak stepped up to the plate
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:59 PM   #3

hehe. you might want to edit your post title. Seems like kodak stepped up.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 7:30 PM   #4

Looks like we know your priceto keep quiet now.:blah: Glad you got it worked out.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:21 AM   #5

I had a Kodak LS443 and it broke, twice. The first time, the lens mechanism gears stripped, the second time, it just didn't want to take pictures outdoors anymore. No matter what setting I use outdoors, all pictures are white as a sheet.

Kodak has severe quality control issues, and I will NEVER recommend their cameras again. I took the LS443 and threw it into the garbage after I bought a new Canon SLR.
bradenmikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 6:17 PM   #6

bradenmikael wrote:
Quote:
I had a Kodak LS443 and it broke, twice. The first time, the lens mechanism gears stripped, the second time, it just didn't want to take pictures outdoors anymore. No matter what setting I use outdoors, all pictures are white as a sheet.

Kodak has severe quality control issues, and I will NEVER recommend their cameras again. I took the LS443 and threw it into the garbage after I bought a new Canon SLR.
Kodak admitted the camera was a lemon and had a great trade in deal, $125.00 for a brand new LS7?? ... It takes great pics just like the LS443 did but the burst is 6 and the video is amazing ... To bad you didn't call
Old May 13, 2005, 10:57 PM   #7

I also had a DX-4330, my first digicam. It worked fine for more than a year and then suddenly it just failed. It will power up ok but nothing on the screen except menus. It will take a picture... fire its flash but nothing comes out as all is black in the saved image..... replaced it with Canon IXY Digital50 (SD300)
alexzkhy is offline   Reply With Quote