Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:48 AM   #1

Steve seems to prefer the CX 7530, but I can't figure why. I'd appreciate the collective's thoughts.
mysilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 5:34 PM   #2

Anyone? Should I not go with Kodak?
SoWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:18 AM   #3

Do not go with Kodak. Bad quailty control issues. I had an LS-443 and it broke, twice. The first time, the lens extending mechanism gears stripped, and the seconf time the camera just didn't want to take outdoor pictures anymore w/o washing all images out (No matter what setting I used.)

Stay away from Kodak, you'll be sorry if you go with them. Personally, I've gone with a handful of Canon cameras and I haven't looked back, they're worth the extra buck.
bradenmikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 5:58 PM   #4

I have had the kodak cx7530 for a couple of weeks now, and the pictures have been really good. I do not know much about the LS series kodaks, I guess they could be different. I would recommend the kodak cx7530.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 12:31 AM   #5

Man, it gets really old to see Kodak cameras bashed all the time. I have had only Kodak digital cameras for over 6 years. My first one was sold on EBay after 5 years of use and 1000's of shots - still functioning perfectly. My new one (dx7630) working flawlessly for over a year (shot over 5000 shots so far).

Kodak is now the leading compact digital camera seller in the USA. They also were the best in customer satisfaction for 2 different price segments in a recent JD Powers survey. I know I am sounding like I work for them, but it is actually that their products have served me well.

I just don't think you obtain these accomplishments as a company by turning out junk. Go with a Kodak camera, you will be served quite well.
Gutter Rock is offline   Reply With Quote