Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2005, 11:02 AM   #1

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying either the Sony T7 or the Nikon Coolpix S1 for my husband (I have been on bedrest for the past 2months and wanted to give him a present when the baby is born for being so patient with me!) Unfortunately, I cannot go to the stores to test and see these cameras - and there hasn't been a tremendous amt. of reviews comparing the two. Of the reviews I have read it seems mixed, some people really like the Nikon and thinks is "better value for you money" than T7 while others think T7 is clearly better. I have also read that T7 has weak flash. But gosh darn it, the Sony T7 is a pretty sexy looking thing!

Didn't know if I could get further insight from someone on this board? I'm probably going to get the camera from HK as I have a friend who says the T7 can be had for $400 though the discount on the Nikon is not huge, $320- wonder if there will be any compatibility issues with HK products used in the US?

Thanks for any help!
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 11:58 AM   #2

Why not conisder a couple more?

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/came...6-886-842.html

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Will your camera come with a US warranty?

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 12:44 PM   #3

The T7 will have a weak flash, as will just about every small camera out there. If flash is a concern (and to me, a measly 6' range would be a concern), then you might consider the Canon SD500. This is a very small camera, but has a flash that is much more powerful than average, going out to around 14' I think. It is slightly heavier than the others you mention, but it is still small and light enough to stick in a shirt pocket....

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:22 PM   #4

Yikes! I would consider more but since I'm on bedrest, I can't really go see things so I thought I would just narrow it down to the two newest items. I'll definitely take a look at these those (since it is only 2 more)!
Old May 7, 2005, 7:23 PM   #5

BTW- there will be no warranty at all - but I figure these things don't really break either - or is that stupid of me?