Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2005, 10:26 PM   #1

hey guys,

well i went to all my local camera stores today and had a play around with the 2 DLSR's im looking at buying (the Pentax *ist DS and the Canon 350d (rebel XT)) and to my surprise, after hearing alot of good about the pentax, the canon seems to win my vote, i love taking shots of birds, nature and when im there, F1 cars and car racing so burst shooting is very important, the pentax was nearly as slow as my olympus Mju 500 P&S which was dissapointing but the canon didnt dissapoint with its 3FPS continous shotting up to 14 frames. The viewfinder is alot smaller on the canon but still very useable and the overall feel and control of the canon is winning my vote.

So i ask, i am after people that have used both of one of these camera's and can give me feedback on which camera is better ??...i also love the speed of the AF on the canon. comments.

Thanks in advance,

-Sam-

-Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 11:24 PM   #2

IMHO: You are going to have trouble finding too many people that have used both brands, since once you buy into a camera system it is an expensive proposition to switch brands.

With the advances in the RebelXT your two camera choices are a generation or more apart in technology now. :idea: . Myself if I was just entering the DSLR world and did not have a boatload of lenses, I think I would go with the Minolta DSLR.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 1:46 AM   #3

hey peter,

thanks for the reply, yes i do understand it will be hard to find a person that has used both but if i can find 2 people that have used both then it would be appreciated. As for your comment on minolta as a option, i like the camera, however for me it is to big physically, thats y i chose between the canon and the pentax, both the smallest DSLR's on the market. thanks.

-Sam-
-Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote