Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 16, 2005, 9:28 PM   #1

I am thinking of moving up from s1 pro to either fuji s2 pro or d70. S2 pro offers better resolution for about same money (used), but d70 has higher end processing and fuctionality. I will likely use RAW mode a lot and have heard mixed reviews of S2's raw capabilities. Then, I can always wait for the next machine, but think that Nikon won't be offering a new camera in my price range any time soon. Any thoughts?
ericsvendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 9:55 PM   #2

Eric-

I truly believe that you are indeed correct. The Nikon D-70s on top of the Nikon D-70 is a fizzle, even though I have a lot of US Cash invested in Nikkor lenses.

Canon dominates, no matter which digital camera venue we are discussing. The Canon S2, in my humble opinion, is designed to compete with the Panasonic FZ series cameras.

Will it do just that? Well, until we see the hardware in a month nor two, that question will remain up in the air.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 10:59 PM   #3
Super Moderator

i would go with the d70/d70s for the speed alone.. and when shooting raw, i doubt there would be a measurable difference in image quality between the two..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 12:40 AM   #4

I have a lot of nikon lenses too - and I don't want to get rid of them any time soon, besides I still love slide and use my stuff with my f90 cameras. Thanks for your reply. Eric
Old May 17, 2005, 12:42 AM   #5

The speed really interests me, especially with my love of critter shots. However, the higher pixel capability does turn my head, and I could live with less speed. Thanks for your thoughts. Eric
Old May 17, 2005, 2:20 AM   #6
Super Moderator

either way you will be well served.. why don't you run down to the local camera store and try them both out for a bit, see which you like best.. that should make the decision for you...

enjoy, dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote