Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 17, 2005, 1:02 PM   #1

Which Digital Camera is the best one to buy? This is going to be my first digital camera.I prefer Sony. I buy all the sony products.But not sure abt the cameras.I bought though the cam corder. Not the time for digital camera.I really liked the T1 model but some one suggested to wait for the new model.I waited and I didn't like the T3. But now I liked the T7.

Yesterday I was about to buy the new sony's dsc-t7 digital camera.I was almost abt to buy.But again thoughtI need to do little R&D. So what do you guys suggest? Shall I go for it or any suggestions from anyone. But I really liked the size man! Too cool...

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks
pratibha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2005, 2:34 PM   #2

The "T" series cameras are good for outdoor photography in good lighting conditions, but due to their dark lens and very weak flash they don't do very well in low light conditions. See my flash test comparisons between various cameras here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=28
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:52 PM   #3

I was little bit disappointed when iI heard that T7 is not goo.Anyways,Is w7 good for outdoor too then?

T
Old May 17, 2005, 6:03 PM   #4

It's not that the T7 is not good, it's just very limited. The T1, T11, T3, T33, T7 and M1 all have the same folded optics lens and small flash. The T7 being the smallest, has the least battery life. Out of all the "T" cameras I have tested, due to its design, the T33 seemed to have the best quality indoor photos, but isstill quite limited. So many people buy the "T" series cameras based on their size, then realize their limitations later on.

The W7 is an excellent all around camera, but it is larger than any of the "T" series cameras.

I guess it all depends on what you plan to take pictures of and how small of a camera you really need. You may also want to check out the P200, it is smaller than the "W" series cameras and still takes very good indoor and outdoor pictures.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 7:52 PM   #5

I didn't like the p200's style though...
Old May 17, 2005, 8:55 PM   #6

I would be more concerned about the quality of the photos rather than the style of the camera.... but that's just my opinion. :roll:
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 6:34 PM   #7

I'm more into the style too. I like taking picturesjust for memories. the pictures don't need to be stunning.
rocklee is offline   Reply With Quote