Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 24, 2005, 11:27 PM   #1

Hey Everyone. I hope I'm at the right site for this..but here I go. I'm a 16 year old looking to buy a digital camera. I don't have a job yet, and make $30 a week allowance so I'm on a budget. I would like to spend no more then $200 if possible. I will primarily be using it to take pictures outdoors of my friends. I also want one that will take good far-away pictures at Disneyland and other amusement parks. My parents don't know much about digi cams, and neither do I so I am looking for some help! I would like one that has at lease 4.0 megapixels, a rechargeable battery, one I can hook up to my computer, one that will take good far-away and close-up daytime and nightime pictures, and a removable memory card. I was looking at the Kodak Easy Share CX7430 and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40. I have no idea which one would be the best, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
IcDkRy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2005, 7:10 AM   #2

Hi,

Try to check in this site (http://www.viewscore.com/vsCP/3), they rank products by calculating editorial reviews that were published (including reviews from this site), it's a very comfortable place for research.

You should use the search toview the ranking for your needs, like camera type (standard, compact...) and resolution (I guess you want 4 MP).

It seems that the Kodak EasyShare CX7430 ispretty good but not excellent, unfortunately the DSC-S40 is still not ranked,I guessno review about it werepublished yet, you can register for "Review Alert" to get Email notificationwhen areview is added.

Here's a link for the Kodak, scroll down to see the attached reviews: http://www.viewscore.com/product_page.php?productID=463&categoryID=3

Hope that helps.

Dan.
Dan_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:58 AM   #3

Thank you!
IcDkRy16 is offline   Reply With Quote