Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 26, 2005, 2:43 PM   #1

I have an old Fuji F601 that we use as an everyday camera. It is small/compact and takes decent shots. I am interested in replacing/upgrading my trusty 'ol F601 with a digital camera that has better/more features, small/compact and excellent picture taking capabilities.

The ones that catch my eye so far are the Fuji F10, Fuji Z1, Casio Exilim EX-Z750 and the Sony DSC-T33.

Thoughts?
Danny Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2005, 11:17 PM   #2

Hmm, your 601 looks like a nice camera for such a small size. What kind of features does it not have that you are looking for? Higher resolution? More manual adjustments? A standard compact or an ultra-compact? etc.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 2:13 AM   #3

The Fuji F601 is a nice camera. However, we are looking for a camera that will offer a higher resolution and possibly more compact. In addition, one of the biggest gripes we have with the F601 is some pictures come out blurry. Maybe me and my wife have 'shakey' hands. We do not encounter this, as much, with our S7000. The newer cameras have the anti-shaking feature... not sure if that helps or not.
Danny Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 12:39 AM   #4

The 601 is a strange shape, and the way it is held is probably more likely to be shaken than the way the S7000 is held. I have used the 7000, but not the 601. I don't know how much more compact you want to go than the 601, but remember the smaller cameras are harder to hold still.

For most cases, 3MP is enough, esspecially if you have another camera for better pictures. I think it would be best to go to local camera stores, and practice holding cameras you could consider. Those that feel most comfortable will be least likely shaken.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote