Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2005, 9:24 AM   #1

Which DSLR would you suggest (along with lens suggestion) for my wife who is new to Digital and Film SLR. She will be mostly shooting people pics indoors with an external flash. To start, she will be using either Full Auto or the SCENE modes (if available) with Auto White Balance and no post processing. We own an Hi-Ti 640PS dye-sub digital photo printer and will print 4x6" prints. Her past experience was with the Olympus C-5050 (very satisfied) and the Canon S400 (not happy with the amount of red eyes). She now wants a Digital SLR that is easy to use and will provided consistent, greatindoor results.

agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 3:05 PM   #2

If you can find a digital rebel (300D), it will do a very good job as a point and shoot camera. It has a very tall built-in flash that very seldom produces red-eyes. As your wife grows the camera will allow her to change the way she shoots. The other option is the pentax 1stD, which comes with two kits lenses in some configurations. I don't know anyone who hasone, so I can't vouch for the quality of the pictures produced. However,I do know serveral people who own 300Ds and the photos they take arevery good to excellent. If I wasn't doing professional work, I would havebbrought this camera and spent the extra money I spent on the 10D on better lenses.
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote