Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:44 PM   #1

I have a Canon A75. My parents have a Fuji E550. They have never used theirs so I suggested we trade. They have no problem - should I do it?

I don't take pictures much, just the random digital photo album thing.

The Fuji is apparently lighter due to having only 2 batteries vs 4. That's a plus, though they are both too big to carry in my pocket 24/7 like an Elph.

The memory cards are comparable. While I have a 512MB CF for my A75, they only have 256 and 64MB xD, but 320MB will still be sufficient for me.

In the end, what I care about is picture quality. The Canon is easier to use so it would be better for them, but does the E550 have better picture quality than the A75? I realize the A75 is only 3MP, but what about the two cameras at 3MP? What if I were to take a higher MP pic and resize it? Would that improve the E550 quality? Would it be better than the A75 3MP?
qlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:02 PM   #2

Hi there, i have owned both of these cameras and truly loved both. I had the a75 first, but it started to make strange grinding noises so sears gave me the fuji e550. If i had to choose one now, i would definately go with my fuji. Yes it is lighter, actually much lighter, very comparable in size and takes at least as good pics as the 75, but i think actually even better...the move mode in the 550 is awesome and no time limit on it, as much room as your card holds....It is very easy to use as was the canon. It is nice to have a little extra zoom on the 550, always a nice bonus. The lcd is larger which is another thing i love, and all the talk about it being hard to see in bright light, it is comparable to the canon for sure....Anways, this is just my opinion, i truly love my fuji and wouldnt trade it(i have had it for around 2 months and use it steady)...

sharon

:-)
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:34 PM   #3

jakoky wrote:
Quote:
Hi there, i have owned both of these cameras and truly loved both. I had the a75 first, but it started to make strange grinding noises so sears gave me the fuji e550. If i had to choose one now, i would definately go with my fuji. Yes it is lighter, actually much lighter, very comparable in size and takes at least as good pics as the 75, but i think actually even better...the move mode in the 550 is awesome and no time limit on it, as much room as your card holds....It is very easy to use as was the canon. It is nice to have a little extra zoom on the 550, always a nice bonus. The lcd is larger which is another thing i love, and all the talk about it being hard to see in bright light, it is comparable to the canon for sure....Anways, this is just my opinion, i truly love my fuji and wouldnt trade it(i have had it for around 2 months and use it steady)...

sharon

:-)
I made the switch. I think myself and my parents will be happy with this switch.

While I ask though, how did Sears swap out the A75 for the E550? :?:
qlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:36 PM   #4

Hi there, i think u will be happy too...sears actually first gave me the canon a85 and i was disappointed in it...the pic quality was hit or miss, especially the indoor pics. I found the fuji e550 on their website so they took back the 75(after me owning it for more than 8, almost 9 months) and i ordered the fuji in its place...i actually saved money because i paid $399 canadian for the canon last june and i got the fuji for $349 canadian....more megs and zoom for less money, i couldnt go wrong...keep me posted on your thoughts on the fuji and what u think is better between the 2...

sharon
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote