Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:52 AM   #1

I am trying to figure out which digicam to get to replace our old and pathetic (but good for email photos) Fuji A201. My main needs are a camera that is relatively small, but doesn't have to be ultracompact. I was looking at the Sony P200, the Canon SD500 and the Nikon 7900. But I have read many reviews and seen lots of test photos and I guess I wish the pics could be better. Not to mention the fact that no one seems to review the cameras' abiltity to photo non-static objects-like my kids. They will be my primary subjects and they only hold still for so long. Also, alot of my photos will be taken indoors. So I guess I need a suggestion as to which direction I should look in. Will any of the aforementioned cameras work for me, or should I consider lesser megapixels, and if so what would be the best choices of those? Thanks for your help!
annietex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:07 AM   #2

annietex,

Small, fast , and great in low light situations, especially for action shots...did I get that right? Look at:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...oom/page10.asp

Check out the sample pics at the above site and see what you think.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. My only concern is the lack of an optical viewfinder and the complaint of not being able to see the display in very bright light. It might be interesting taking outdoor shots.
annietex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:09 PM   #4

Hi,

I just bought the Olympus C-7000 Zoom and I love it. It's packed with features and manual controls too and image quality is excellent. Plus it has 7.1 mps. You could probably pick one up for under $400 if you look around, which would be a deal since it retails for $599.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote