Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:57 PM   #1

I am sure this gets asked over and over agian and I tried just looking through other peoples posts to get the answers I needed. And looked through your reviews but it is pretty much makes no sense to me for the most part.
I am looking to spend between $200-300 including additional storage.
I would like to have atleast 5mp and a 3x optical zoom. The rest does not really matter much to me. I would like to be versitle and have a bunch of features that I have no clue how to use but that would be easy to learn to use. Something that could come in handy. I don't think I would care to much for something compact something that fits well into my hands.
Pretty much I have no clue what I need or what I should stay away from. So any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated.
iatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:41 AM   #2

I am actually probably just most interested in hearing more along the lines of what to aviod buying for the cameras. ANd the best bang for the buck. I just found this one http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/dx7630.html
at dell for just over $200 and it seems to be a pretty good buy. What are anyones thoughts on this camera? The review looked pretty good and looks to be a good one to start with.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:52 AM   #3

I really didn't leave myself much time to make my purchase and, I am looking to get it ordered today. I am going to goto best buy and give it the hands test and if I like I guess I will just trty it out.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:19 PM   #4

well it passed the hands test for me and leave it to best buy to have broken or dead floor models to test out. For anyone who is interested I got this camera from dell for $208.XX shipped with a camera bag to go with it. Seemed like a good deal if anyone is interested in knowing the coupon codes to get the $100 off on it let me know. Will post back after I get it to let you all know how it works.