Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:25 PM   #1

Looking to buy a new digital. The Fujifilm Finepix F10 seems like a great one. I'll be taking pictures primarily of my baby who, like most babies/toddlers doesn't want to hold still for pictures. Is the F10 a good camera for this??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated:-)
llilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:18 PM   #2

I can't speak from experience with the F10, but from the reviews I've read, the stats, the posts to this forum, and the sample pics I've looked at, I think the F10 would be an excellent choice for baby pics. It's a very fast camera, and with the ISO 1600 capability, you should be able to get a lot of great natural light pics, inside. I think that bright flashes can distract and frighten babies, so they stop doing the natural things that made you reach for the camera in the first place.

The F10 lacks a strong zoom, has no viewfinder, and lacks manual controls, but it is compact, has excellent battery life, is fast, has great low light performance, and takes decent video. Weigh the pros and cons, and I think you should strongly consider this camera for your needs.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

Hi hun

Thanks so much for the info. I did read a lot about the F10 in the forums here and it obviously sounds like a good one. But since I'm so new to the whole digital language, I still wasn't sure if it was good for childrens pics. If you can believe it, when I first read that it didn't have an opticalviewfinder, it took me a minute to figure out what thatwas!!:? It really helps to have somebody give you the thumbs up about stuff like this when one is unsure. Have already spent so much on my baby that I was afraid of spending the money on the wrong camera. So thanks again, and I think I'll probably end up getting the F10!!

This forum is really great!

llilred

llilred is offline   Reply With Quote