Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:06 PM   #1

I am kind of new to the whole digital photography, but have been reading reviews for a long time. It seems the more I know, the harder it is to make a choice. The two most important things for me are portability(needs to be able to fit into any pocket, I won't get one that can't go into a male jeans pocket)) and flash/indoor photos. I can spend about $500.00 on a camera, and am willing to spend more if i can get a closer to perfect camera. I am a senior in high school, and want pictures of friends, parties, banquets, and vacations. Macro mode would be nice since I like to take close ups, and standard zoom is fine. I also need a fast camera(shutter, start up etc.). I like the F10, but it seems too large, and I don't want to have to adjust ISO manually for the high ISO pics to be good. I also have been looking at the T7 with its ultra compact body. On the other hand, its flash is useless. Also the Kodak V550. I don't know much about that but specs and physical attributes look good. The camera needs to be one that I am not afraid to whip out and snap a picture with, in otherwords, stylish. Thanks
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 6:57 AM   #2

Wow this forum is a lot of help
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:36 AM   #3

The F10 is definitively the BEST camera for indoor/low light shooting. No other camera can even come close to it. As for adjusting the ISO, when you are going to a party you can already bump the ISO prior to being there since you know light won't be amazing. Otherwise, for a compact camera, I'd suggest something like the SD300.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote