Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:21 PM   #1

Hi guys,

Right I need some help, I desperately need to get a camera in the next few days (I have Live8 in just over a week)and cannot decide. FZ5, 20 or S2?

Will be used primarily at soccer games (which will include low light scenarios), outdoor concerts and when travelling for scenic shooting.

I'm so torn, I like the fact that the S2 has the flip screen (helpful when in crowded situations as I'm not tall), the excellent video quality, AA batteries and seems to perform better in low-light???!!

But then there's the fact that the FZ's seem to get better reviews in the Sports area with faster continuous shooting. Have I got this right?

Now I'm no pro, it will be initially used as a p&s or scene modes and then I'm hoping to learn more about and grow into a unit to really get the best out of it.

Oh please please help me SOON!

Thanks,

Karen :bye:

kdk0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2

After months of reading review, and then real comments by people here on this forum - I ordered a FZ15 - almost identicle to the FZ20. It will be here tomorrow. The comments on this camera and the FZ20 were the best I have seen for any NON-SLR camera.

So by actual owners comments is what I went by - and I found none that could touch the FZ's.

Hope that helps a tad.

Sean-
Sean S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:11 PM   #3

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your comments. I ruled out the FZ15 but cannot remember why now! I know what you mean about the comments and reviews, it's just so hard to decide! I think I may go for the S2 simply because it has the flip screen which I think will be good for me, especially @ Live8!

Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:37 PM   #4

Best of luck to you in whatever you chose Karen. Let us know what you decide on and how its working for ya.

Take Care! Sean-
Sean S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:22 PM   #5

HI there,

Well, in the end I went for the S2 for 3 reasons:

1. AA batteries

2. Swivel lcd

3. Just fits in my hand a lot better, feels like the real deal.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this camera, my only slight niggle is the resolution of the lcd and evf, they could be better. But hey, you can't have everything! Oh, and don't get the official canon case for it, you can only get the camera in it, absolutely useless and a waste of money!