Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:33 PM   #1

I'm going to be buying my first digital. I will be using it for concerts, so it needs to be small, good for low-light, be able to turn off flash & good quality prints. I don't want to spend more than $150.00. I'm hoping to get a black one too.

So what's out there that's good for concert pics? Thanks a lot!!
jackie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:48 PM   #2

Jackie,

There are some decent outdoor cameras for 150 bucks. However,I don't know any that do well in low light. For just over $300, you can get a Fuji Finepix F10, which does well in low light.

Maybe somebody else knows of a camera that would make you happy.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:18 PM   #3

I agree, while most cameras in the $150.00 price range produce good quality pics outdoors, most of those struggle in difficult lighting concerts that are ofter found in concerts. I also agree that the best choice would have to be the Fujifilm F10. It is small, pretty compact, and takes excellent pictures in all lighting conditions. Although it is about(by quite a bit) your price range, I think it would be wise to invest in this and not a cheaper camera.
too busy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:24 PM   #4

Jackie-

The reality is that there is nothing in the $150 range that will take the photos that you desire. The Fuji F-10 is the very first digital camera at $(US) 300 that begin to crack into the area that you desire.

This is the kind of photo that I am writing about. This photo was taken without flash from about 100 feet back. Please see the attached photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:44 PM   #5

Thank you all for your responses! Wish there was one cheaper....we just spent a lot on a Canon.
jackie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 6:44 PM   #6

Bear in mind that the Fuji F10's zoom lens is 108 mm (35 equivalent) at the long end. It's not going to get you close to performers on a distant stage. If you plan to use it at intimate concerts, or if you always manage to get close to the stage, it's probably a very good choice. But don't expect good results if you're in the nosebleed section of a large arena!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote