Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:34 PM   #1

I was just wondering if anyone knew which of these two cameras produced better images? Does anyone have the two?

What I want the camera for mainly is taking pictures of family, animals, and random things -- I want a camera thatproduces great photosindoor and outdoor and sometimes inlow lighting.

Oh, and this would be my first digicam, so I'm having a hard time here. :b
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:45 PM   #2

I think the A95 has all of the necessary tools, is reasonably priced, offers excellent image quality, uses CF memory cards (still the cheapest and easiest to handle), has little extras such as the articulated LCDand uses AA sized batteries so a couple of sets of NiMH batteries and a charger will keep you going. I would choose it over most Canon models (except the far more expensive G6). I own an A60 which handles similarly (except for the LCD) and I must say the weight and the grip make it a great picture taker for more serious photographers (it is a little hefty but very well balanced).

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking the manual controls on the A95 could come in handy later on when I learn more about it. The LCD looks nice too.

I think I'm just going to have to go to the store and see which one is right for me though.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:16 PM   #4

I have another question, and I feel a little dumb asking this, butwill 4x6 prints come out just as good as larger prints wouldwith the A95? Because I think that's what I'll be printing for the most part.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:18 PM   #5

opps.