Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:12 PM   #1

Ok, I have the digital bug. I'm looking for recomendations for an upgrade/update.I just aquired a sony D770 and like it's style alot. I had a sony Mavica untill recently and loved it. Right now I'm kind of partial to the sony products because the batteries and memoryare interchangable making for less crap to keep track of. The mavica I had used the memory stick and the DD70 uses a PCMCIA adapter to utilize any memory I want. I have a couple batteries already for spares, etc. The mavica I had was a 2.0mp and the D770 is 1.5mp.

I've read how some people are still using their D770 and like it just fine but I have the bug to upgrade just a bit. I have noticed that the battery doesnt last near as long as it did in my mavica but other than that, I like the size and style of the D770. I saw an ad for the Sony F828 and it looks very nice but I dont need to spend $7-800.

Can anyone recomend a Sony DSLR in the 5mp range for a bit cheaper ($500 or less) that will use my memory and batteries?

If noone can recomend a sony, then I will consider others. I have a Canon EOS-300 film camera that someone said the lenses would work on a digital camera also.... is this true?

Inputs please........

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2005, 4:21 PM   #2

Thre are no Sony dSLRs. All Sony cameras are (at this time) have non-removable lenses.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 4:27 PM   #3

ok, I thought that body style were all considered SLR cameras. As opposed to the 'turn it on and the lens pops out' type.

Either way, any recomendations for a sony similiar to the F770 or F828. Or an actual SLR style?
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote