Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:48 PM   #1

I want to buy a camera and I don't which one should I choose. Help me, please, to choose between Canon A520 and Fuji FinePix S3500. Thank you

tzimpirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:05 PM   #2

Don't know why, but you're comparing a compact format camera to an SLR-like camera...which size do you prefer, or doesn't size matter? If you don't have to have a compact, why not consider the Fuji S5100 (or the S5500, which is the same camera depending on where you live)? The S5100/5500 is a superior camera to the S3100/3500, with a 10X zoom (S3500 - 6X), AF assist lamp (none), ISO capability up to 400 (ISO 250), RAW option, a better video mode - with sound, and more manual controls. With the S5500 in their line, I really don't understand why Fuji still sells the S3500.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:50 AM   #3

What is the diference between Canon and Fuji? The size doesn't matter.... i like very much Canon A520 but I have to choose... and I want to know wich one is better depending on price/quality. Thanks
tzimpirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 4:39 AM   #4

You're asking me to compare apples to oranges...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...z&show=all

I can't determine which camera is better for you, since I don't know what type of photography you're interested in, or what your level of expertise is. Both cameras are capable of taking good quality pictures.

Why don't you make a list of the features that are important to you, and then someone here can better assist you?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote