Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:53 AM   #1

Hi!

I can't decide between those4 cameras. One thing that is important to me, is to get as much information (aperture, exposure time...) on the display as possible before actually taking a picture.

Does only the Sony P200 provide this feature? What about the others?

Second point: How easy/difficult is it to adjust exposure with these cameras? Hidden in the third level of a sub-navigation or quite easy to use?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Rob

prayforsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:27 AM   #2

You can find that information yourself by reading the reviews here and at the other popular digicam sites.

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:23 AM   #3

One of the main reasons I chose the P200 was that it displays shutter and aperture settings BEFORE the picture is taken. An added bonus is the histogram is real-time so you know what it looks like BEFORE the picture is taken. I was surprised at the number of cameras that don't provide this information before the shot.
PicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:07 AM   #4

To make your life easier, you can remove FX8 from that list. It has the same image quality as FX7 and this one I found has the worst image quality among the four cameras you are choosing from (too grainy, noisy). I tried one in the store. You don't have to look for imperfections in images, they are just staring at you. I may be wrong since I haven't owned FX7/8 and don't know its full capabilities.
gpwr is offline   Reply With Quote