Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:13 PM   #1

Well, I have a correction to make to a few of my posts of late. The $600 that I have mentionedif a few of my other postswas for a body and a lens. That was it! :PHow do you sell a camera without atleast a battery and a charger or atleast some kind of memory to startout with? I called around a few places and once I got everything needed to open the box and start shooting, the cost was up to ~$900.

So, with a little deliberation (ok alot), I ended up going to the local electronics store and bought the XT (that came with everything to start with) and a 512mb card. Total with tax came to just over $1k. I'm happy with my choice, and it was bought local, not out of state if there are any problems.

Battery is charging as we type, play time begins in T minus ...... :|
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:08 AM   #2

I was just going to tell you in the other thread that Royal Camera is a scam operation. For anyone looking to buy online, always go to resellerratings.com first to check out the seller.

Anyway, $900 for the whole set-up is a great price for a local store, so have fun!

(Anything below $800 or so for the kit with lens alone is a scam, unless it's with a Dell coupon or something like that.)
thebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:42 PM   #3

Ya, I didnt care for the guy that I got on the phone with Royal. I couldnt get much of a word in edgewise. He was too busy telling me how much better their product was. I started raising the BS flag and decided to go local. Incase I had any problems.

Other than that, I have been playing and hope to have something worthy of posting one of these days.
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote