Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:58 PM   #11

Would have to agree about the feel. However, the sales person convinced me that the FZ5 was a better camera (much better lens). Was able to match my best deal of $409 in black color.I think that was a very good price.Takes great pictures, very happy with it. Yet , I still like the feel of the S2. Quite frankly, I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these camera's. I drove myself crazy reading so many reviews.
otbspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 12:30 AM   #12

otbspill wrote:
Quote:
Quite frankly, I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these camera's. I drove myself crazy reading so many reviews.
Bingo. I figured I had to s*** or got off the pot. I was also driving myself nuts reading reviews.

Joe
Joe-1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:58 AM   #13

Interesting to read that the Panasonic has a "much better lens". I have read conflicting reports on the net one way or the other, but all things considered, I give the Canon glass the practical edge in this case. I do agree that there are no lemons in the group, and that you would be happy with either camera. From my experience to date, the S2 is simply amazing in all respects, and I can't see any practical difference in shutter lag between the Canon or the Panasonic. Both of them put most all pocket digicams that I have used to shame, and react like an SLR in comparison. There are also a few situations that will strain focus speed on either camera, but they are not common, and you learn to cope. When lock is achieved, it is right on the money.

I hope to hear about your impressions of the S2 when it arrives. I think you will like it.

Voyager
Voyager13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 3:11 AM   #14

what about the canon memory card error. the net is full of such posts. Goto google and search for "canon s2 memory error"
onlygodknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:15 AM   #15

onlygodknows wrote:
Quote:
what about the canon memory card error. the net is full of such posts.
Frankly, you can find "the net full of posts" about *anything* in terms of negative stuff.:-)

Joe
Joe-1957 is offline   Reply With Quote