Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:04 PM   #1

Ok i know that we are suppose to talk about digital cameras only but i`m sure there are quite a few people out there who are wondering what these new high tech mobile phonesare capable of ?

The resolution is getting higher and higher all the time,at the moment the Sony Ericsson k750i is the most complete and highest performer allround.If you want to have an idea of all the features this mobile phone has then just go have a look at :

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...&pid=10242

The resolution is 2 million/pixels and off course you cannot consider the image quality quite as good as a common digital camera but don`t be too harsh criticising it considering that this baby can do a lot more for you and is just as small as it can get.

Here are a few pics i took with my new acquisition and remember to come backhave a look later because i`ll be adding pics all the time.

http://www.pixagogo.com/PhilippeLuyckx

These pics are straight out of the mobile phone`s camera without any post processing.

ENJOY
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2005, 9:49 AM   #2

It's a pretty cool bit of kit to have in your pocket all the time. The pictures are certainly printable, and there are times that you won't have a proper camera with you.

This is the first proper camera I have seen in a phone. Impressive stuff, and I will be getting myself one next month.
spjessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:07 AM   #3

Yes pretty impressive....outdoor pics are pretty much noise free...you just have to be carefull with the indoors and night shoots.

The autonomy is pretty good too..very simple to use...quality of the fm radio and the mp3 are very good.
The possiblity to buy a bigger memorystick card for storage is also a very rare and amazing feature.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:52 AM   #4

I see the zoom mechanism is still digital (4x up to 8x) vs optical, meaning if you shoot anywhere but the widest setting you don't get a 2 MP image (what I saw in the specs said the actual resolution is only 1.3MP, quite a bit different from 2 MP), and every time you zoom to get closer you throw more resolution away. At the 4x zoom end the image is much less than 1 mp. I would hate to see how few pixels were left at 8x!- why bother?

I will admit, being able to use insertable memory solves the one issue I refused to accept in a phone/camera- having to use minutes to transfer any image shot. Can you by-pass the built-in storage all together or do your first shots have to go there, meaning you still have to transfer via your minutes?

That is a beautiful grey cat!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 1:57 PM   #5

You can choose where to store your pics