Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:52 PM   #1

I'm trying to decide between the Fuji F10 or the Olympus C5500. I'm between these two b/c of some pics I've seen posted and their reviews.

I'm looking for something that takes sharp photos with natural skin tones and colors indoor and out. I willbe printing some 8x10 photos, but mainly 4x6.

I've seen a member (speaklightly) post about both cameras....if you see this, which of the two do you prefer?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks Angela
afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:25 PM   #2

Angela-

If you do not needto take night photos, photos in very low lighting conditions, or desire a very much extended flash range all the way out to 24 feet, then you do not need the Fuji F-10.

The Olympus C-5500 is your digital camera! It has 5mp, 5X optical zoom, and a better than average battery set-up, using AA batteries. The C-5500 is a real hidden value. Selling for around $200 on the internet, it will give you the biggest bang for the buck.
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:14 PM   #3

Angela-

If price is a problem, then go to www.ebay.com and search out the Olympus C-5000. It is an older, less expensive digital camera.

No, it does not have a huge LCD, it is 5mp with 3X optifcal zoom, but it does have a hot shoe that will allow you to use small flashes like the Olympus FL-20 which work very well indeed with the C-5000.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:30 PM   #4

Sarah,

Even though I was looking for a camera with AA batteries, I was struck by the economics of the Fuji F10, and what everyone is saying about it.

However, some research suggests it isn't the best for the "point-n-shoot":

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...mpressions.htm

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Joe
who_am_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:37 PM   #5

Joe-

I sure do! The Fuji F-10 is a all around excellent digital camera. It is much more capable than many other digital cameras on the market.

Let me put it this way,who, if you can come up with a digital photo from any other digital camera to top this one, then I will ineed back down.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:59 PM   #6

Wow that is a nice picture.

I guess my concern on the F10 - is that what use I will have for it will likely be almost exclusively point and shoot. Therefore in "auto", it should do everything pretty darn good without me having to think about it.

That review implies a limitation there?

The beauty of the F10 is that it has the power / feature-set / resolution (etc) so that it is future proof for many years, should my needs/wants grow.

Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:42 PM   #7

who-

I have honestly tried as hard as I can. The photos that you sre talking about was done in the "auto" position. Now what more do you really want? I have done my best. Please do not expect any further answers from me. I have done my very best!

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:37 AM   #8

Ok well I do sincerely appreciate all your comments.

Have a nice day.