Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:30 PM   #11

I'm sorry for the bad service had by others, but I actually had good service from Butterfly. Sure the email came withinstructions for me to call and confirm. When I did, the salesman asked if I needed memory cards or batteries/ chargers, but I lied and said I already had them from a previous camera. He said "OK" and that was that! The camera shipped and arrived at the advertised price. No complaints here, but I'm sure that each salesman has their own tactics.
St.Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:08 AM   #12

St.Barnard wrote:
Quote:
I'm sorry for the bad service had by others, but I actually had good service from Butterfly. Sure the email came withinstructions for me to call and confirm. When I did, the salesman asked if I needed memory cards or batteries/ chargers, but I lied and said I already had them from a previous camera. He said "OK" and that was that! The camera shipped and arrived at the advertised price. No complaints here, but I'm sure that each salesman has their own tactics.
Glad to hear that your deal worked out. I wanted to buy from them...but didn't even get a reply to my email. The reason why I emailed was because I saw bad reviews about butterflyphoto already, and I needed a written statement from them for insurance against nightmare problems. But I think they may have been too afraid to carry out 'standard' trading practices.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:10 PM   #13

Just to add to the fun, the latest is that Butterfly finally sent me the part that was missing from my original shipment (after about a month)....to the wrong address. I am leaving the country next week for several months....keep fingers crossed I get it before I go. Would be nice to be able to use the equipment I bought for the trip, which depends on this missing part....Ah life.
todiane4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:55 PM   #14

I try to buy from buydig not to be confused with buydigitital.com.¬* They have good service and usually the best price....On my last large purchase I could not order from them because they did not have exactly what I wanted.¬* I had to split my order into three dealers to get good pricing.¬* ¬*I wanted a Rebel XT black body, Canon EF 25-85 lens and EW73II hood, B+W 67mm UV multicoated filter, RC-1remote, and Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card.¬* ¬*I did try to convince Andoroma to meet pricing so I could buy all from them, they would not budge so I had to cherry pick from three dealers.¬* All treated me¬* well ......here was the result.1) One Call: for the Lens¬* $289 and Hood $24, Shipping was like $12 for three day fedex, No Problems.2) Butterfly: for the camera $738,¬* $12¬* For shipping Ground fedex, it did not ship for 2 days, I called a few times, with out me asking, they upgraded shipping to 2 day fedex.3) Adormoa:¬* Filter $49.99, remote $24.95 and Sandisk Ultra II memory¬* $179.99, Shipping $9 dollars 3 day fedex.I could have gone crazy and saved an extra 3 to 10 dollars getting the memory elsewhere but that was good enough for me.I got the lens on A thurday and the rest on a friday so I could use it on the first weekend after arrival.¬* In short, all the dealers treated me pretty well.By the way the Camera and lens rock.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 5:13 PM   #15

I ordered my Casio ex700 from them, and shortly after found a comparable deal with a better add-on warranty (yeah, we're hard on the cameras around here) so I called and not only did they match the warranty price, they gave me free shipping for my trouble.

The guy was a little brusque, but I wasnt' there for a social visit, I wanted to save $$$. I got the email that my order was recieved, and another 2 days later that it shipped, so sometime next week I should have my little bundle of joy.

Like anywhere, it can be spotty, I suppose.
redhawk.tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:49 PM   #16

I hope they don't do a shady version of free shipping with you, as they did with me.
To their credit, they sent me the missing part that they shipped to the wrong address to the right address this time. And this time fed ex'd with no shipping charges that I could see. No friendly perks to make my previous ouches go away.
todiane4 is offline   Reply With Quote