Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:28 AM   #1

I am a professional photographer. However I do not believe that the cost of your camera make you a professional. A professional is, in my mind, is one who can produce beautiful images for the client no matterwhat camera they are holding. Yes the camera can help youwith metering and fill flash and all of the tech stuff. However the camera can not see the magic moments or determen the exact moment to press the shutter! The camera does not tell the bride how beautiful she looks to get the glowing smile! the camera does not select the filter to put the star effect on the candle flames!

I have been using myfirst D70s for about 2 months now and I love it! Yes I do baby sit the white balance, theISO andall of the other tech crap. However the images I have gotten out of the D70s have be extremely consistantin theexposure and tone.

I general shoot everything in manual andbalance the interal light meter myself. However there have beem a few caes where I have used aperture priorityand program mode with great secess.

If you are thinking abouta newdigital SLR take a long look at the D70s. GREAT CAMERA at a GREATPRICE!

I plan on my third this winter!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Mike
mhphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:48 PM   #2

Hi Mike,
Ken Rockwell states he believes the D50 to have a mirror lock up for killing vibration
but that the D70 and D70s don't. I would think any DSLR would have mirror lock up for cleaning, but what about these cameras for telephoto tripod work? Get the Pentax ist DS and Canon D350 XT out of my mind too, if you would.

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:08 PM   #3

The D70s has mirror lockup for cleaning. I would think the D70 does to. I could be wrong

Mike
mhphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4

But no MLU for vibration elimination in use.Not something a lot a people would care about.

That and a bigger viewfinder would be nice though.

From what I can gather it is very quick to change WB, ISO and other necessary settings for fast use without getting into menues, but that it does not retain the custom settings after a change of mode. That just doesn't make sense. Help us undertand that if you would.

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote