Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 12, 2005, 2:08 PM   #1

OK. Before you start throwing tomatos or other vegetables at me please listen:
I know that lots of you have something against HP digital cameras and I'm not that fond of them neither but please don't reply something like "go with the E550", "whatever you do, don't buy HP" or something like that...please elaborate...it's a long term investment so I don't want to regret later. So far I like best the Fuji E550 but I'm not sure, I need help in my decision so please tell me your opinions.
dyablohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:04 PM   #2

Why don't you list the features that are important to you and tell us what type of photography you're interested in. That way, you may improve the quality of the feedback you'll receive. From the 3 models you've listed, I have to assume you're only interested in a compact camera with 6 MP resolution, a 3-4x zoom, and a price below $300...I may be wrong - you may prefer a 4 MP with a 10x zoom and wouldn't mind going for a little more money.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:27 AM   #3

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
Why don't you list the features that are important to you and tell us what type of photography you're interested in.* That way, you may improve the quality of the feedback you'll receive.* From the 3 models you've listed, I have to assume you're only interested in a compact camera with 6 MP resolution, a 3-4x zoom, and a price below $300...I may be wrong - you may prefer a 4 MP with a 10x zoom and wouldn't mind going for a little more money.

the Hun
Well, I'm from Romania, and here I don't have a lot of choices, I had analysed the camera market here and I composed a list of cameras that I can afford and that I like depening on their availability in my country.
But here are more detailes about what kind of camera I'd like:
-i wanna use the camera for landscaping shots, indoor or poor light situations shots, also it has to be pretty good at video shooting with no recording limit per clip, at least 320X240 with 30fps if 640X480 and 30fps great, and if it has mpeg4 encoding even better, allthough I doubt I can find one at the price I'm looking at, max 320$ to be more exact.
-I don't care what kind of memory card it uses
-it has to be at least 4, up to 6,3 mp.
-minimum optical zoom: 3X
-yes, it has to be a compact camera like the ones I shown above.
But like I said the thing is that I'm not looking for a camera suggestion because of my buying posibilities, I'm looking for an opinion of best buy from the three models I specified above in my threat. Allthough I'm open for any other model suggestions.
10x a lot, and sorry for the bad grammar.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 6:02 AM   #4

OK. I have to say that I have given up on HP, It just doesn't have experience in this domain.
I have made a final list with 3 models, anyone that reads this please just help me decide from these 3 models:
First: Sony CyberShot DSC-S90
Second: Kodak Easy Share C360
Third: Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom

The video shooting is very important for me so please take that in consideration; the kodak has mpeg4 compresion but lacks manual settings, I really don't know about the sony (Will 4 megapixels be enough for me?).
I wanna use the camera for landscape shooting, indoor or poor light situations and video shooting.
The bad thing about the fuji is that it's the most expensive and it uses x-D cards, also very costing, In rest I just couldn't find anything bad about it, I think it's probably the best one from the three but I don't think I can afford it.
Please help me in my decision. 10x again.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:56 AM   #5

Of the 3 models you list, I consider the E550 the best, because it has a higher ISO capability (800), a wider zoom range (both ends), and it takes great pictures.

I don't know if it's available to you, or what the price would be there, but you might want to take a look at the Fuji F10...it's even better in low light than the E550 and sells for less than $300 in the US.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote