Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:14 AM   #11

Hi Sarah, If u had to choose between Sony Cybershot DSC W 7 or Fuji Finepix F10, which would u purchase & why especially if you wanted to print 13x19 inch. Thanks
jude_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 7:12 AM   #12

Jude-

The Sony W-7 and the Fuji F-10 size wise and performance wise are very similiar. The W-7 has a few more manual comtrols and an optical viewfinder, however, the photos tend to be a bit soft at times, even with the much touted Carl Zeiss lens. In addition the W-7 is ISO limited. The max ISO available to you is just ISO 400.

The Fuji F-10 lacks an optical viewfinder and is for the most part a very automatic point and shoot digital camera. The F-10's lens is just a bit better than the lens found on the W-7. Its strongest suit is its ability to use high ISO settings up to ISO 1600. That means that the F-10 can still take photos inmuch less light than the W-7. In addition, the F-10 demonstrates far less noise and purple fringing than the W-7

If the choice were mine, I would immediately opt for the F-10, but then I like high ISO's, so that must be factored into the equation too. I like high ISO's because I can continue to take excellent photos with the F-10/F-11, or for that matter, the Fuji S-5200/G-5600, and the Fuji S-9000/S-9500 when other digital cameras have long ago stopped taking any photos (good or bad due to noise for example)due to a lack of light.

Please keep in mind that BOTH the F-10 and theW-7 suffer a substantial aperture reduction as they zoom out to their max zoom position. BOTH cameras, when fully zoomed are forced down to a F 5.0 aperture.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:10 AM   #13

Sarah, Thanks again, one last question, Where is your Fuji Finepix F 10 made in ( China or Japan) as I prefer my electronics to be Japanese made.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:11 AM   #14

Jude-

The Fuji Finepix F-10 is made in Japan.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:20 AM   #15

I just want to point out that there's a new F11 coming out which is supposed to be almost identical to the F10, but with manual / P / Av / Tv modes.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:02 PM   #16

But the F-11 will not be sold in the United States.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:35 PM   #17

Hi Sarah, I would like to know how does the Fuji F10 handle moving objects like small children running or toddlers moving and what manual setting would I have to make to getthe right shot. Based on your reviews I have decided to buy the Fuji F10. It costs around 434 US $ here in Kuwait. Thanks again.