Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:53 AM   #1

I bought a new Rollei Dr 5100 last week BUT only to find the long end is only 85 mm , Wanted a Rollei or Ricoh GX for its 28 mm short end, its close macro and it uses AA batts and SD cards , it seemed the perfect family camera, My good lady has made me put it on e bay last night and is not very happy , please any advise on anouther small camera that has a longer zoom than 85 mm but is 28mm at the wide end , must have a peep hole , AA batts if possible , and will fit in a purse for my lady, ie the perfect family camera , many thanks .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2005, 8:22 PM   #2

Well, I guess you should go either for the rollei dr5 (5MP, AA, 28-135, optical viewfinder and SD) or the ricoh r2.

Both of them look like what you are looking for.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:08 PM   #3

Thank you .look into that , my son came round and showed me his new camera ,he has a casio p 600 he told me that goes from32- 133 not 28 but nice camera by the looks of it ,very nice body and lots of settings , any one know if the casio pros are good , his looks nicer built than most ive looked at ie no plastic bits shiny real metal. thanks for advice on this cam if there are any owners out there ,
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:52 PM   #4

But how Ricoh R1V and R2 are under the image quality aspect (I think they use the same components but Ricoh R2 has a larger lcd display) ??
Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote