Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:10 AM   #1

I'm looking at possibly buying a Canon S2 IS mainly for the 12x zoom. Does anyone know if when using the high speed continuous mode, does the EVF shut off as well as the LCD screen? iI have a Canon Ixus 500 at the moment where the LCD shuts off in this mode when shooting, but I can always look through the optical viewfinder if there is a moving target. If anyone has any other suggestions of similar cameras which may not have this problem, it would be much appreciated.
pjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:33 AM   #2

The EVF freezes at the moment of shutter release on the S2. It doesn't go blank though. In program mode, it seems that the last frame taken is flashed on the screen for a fraction of a second. In any event, it is not tough to get used to, even when shooting action shots, as you get to view the last exposure as you pan from shot to shot, and quickly compensate as you go. It's not an ideal situation like the Pellix SLR of the past, but it works very well after some practice.

Voyager
Voyager13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:14 AM   #3

Thanks for that, I guess the only other solution would be to go for a digital SLR.
pjackson is offline   Reply With Quote