Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 27, 2005, 2:20 AM   #1
JFW

Hey there again,

It looks like Mom needs a new DC. Looks like her Kodak DX3500 bit the dust.

What are we interested in... a docking station on which the battery/ies can recharge and will download the pictures with minimal effort or technical expertise.

Also, some optical zoom capabilities would be a nice addition.

Point-n-shoot - keep it simple...

She's pleased as punch with 2.2MP, but I don't suppose that bumping her to 4 would be terribly out of the question... (3MP would probably hold her).

Something that won't cost an arm or a leg.. or even too terribly much money would be great.

Types of pics... indoor and outdoor snapshots of children and family members.. so, a flash would be good... hey, if there is a cheapie (price-wise) that happened to have a low light auto-assist lamp that'd be great, too...

also she takes archival shots for theatrical performances and classes.. so low light cabability is needed.

Forgive my laziness (asking before searching) but my time is limited, and I figure there are a few of you out there who know exactly what I need.

Thanks so very much for your input and suggestions.. Any and all are greatly apprciated!

j:bye:

ps.. we still have the docking station, so possibly another Kodak... does kodak still make DX series cameras? I'll look into it tomorrow.... thanks so very much for your help.

JFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:19 AM   #2
JFW

Hey there,

We've quickly zoned in on the DX7440. We like what we read about its low light capabilities. She has a docking station for her DX3500.. and we read somewhere that with an adaptor, she'll be able to use it with a new DX camera?

Is this a good way to go?

Is there something in the same area with a little more optical zoom?

Thanks, j:bye:
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:43 PM   #3

I would recommend the Kodak DX7590 which is a compact ultrazoom - Kodak has newer, more expensive models coming out soon so she should be able to find a good price for it. And yes, you can buy it with a printer dock. It is very highly rated by both reviewers and owners.
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 1:53 AM   #4
JFW

Hey there again Kimnicho!

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll look into it. I was just hearing today about the Kodak ?7525? the number eludes me right now,.. I still need to chexck it out. They are sold as a package with the docking/printer stateion for around $200. Still need to research that as well.

I was told that Kodak is probably the best choice for user friendly with docking station.

more homework... thanks j:bye:
Old Aug 28, 2005, 6:25 AM   #5

Howdy ! In today's paper, I saw the camera you mentioned - Z700 + dock on Sale @ Target for $249.99 PLUS Free $25 Target Gift Card...seems like a great deal !
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote