Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2005, 2:45 PM   #1

I don't know which camera I want (or which is better) the Olympus Stylus 800 or Casio Exilim EX-Z750. Can anyone help me decide? Is it true that Casio Customer Service isn't too good??

Please help!

:?
LILHUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:56 PM   #2

I've had only one experience with Casio support. A real live person answered on the first ring. I was so stunned I stammered. With most tech support you are notified that the menu has changed so you can't just push 1,8,3,0,2,4 and 9 in the same order you did on the previous call as the choices for each level as they are given to you. God forbid you should pass up several choices to provide your own help rather than bother their expensive Indians.

The tech support rep spoke English as her native tongue, so I actually understood everything she said the first time through. And she was knowledgeable and helpful. I would have to rate them as excellent.

You would probably like either camera.

I have a Z750 and find it excellent. The control setup was obviously designed by photography enthusiasts – it is the easies camera to use of any I have ever tried. It has an excellent lens and I find the past movie mode to be especially handy. My only caveat would be to put the mode dial in audio record mode before putting it in a pocket or purse to avoid the possibility of a lens error.

People who have the Stylus 800 seem to like it also. I personally have a strong preference for having an optical viewfinder and MPEG4 movies. If those aren't issues for you the Oly has a much nicer LCD and more Mp. It is also weatherproofed.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:28 PM   #3

Slipe-

Thanks for a great answer. Yes, I am one of those Olympus Stylus 800 camera users that really like the camera. I have had great photos from the Stylus 800. Here is an no flash example taken in our local library.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:35 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply-and for the picture. The picture looks a little grainy though. Do the pictures normally come out clear and vivid?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:37 PM   #5

What about concerts? I had the T7 at a concert and all the pictures sucked. They were so blurry. I know the lighting condition constantly change during a concert- from bright lights, to dim lights, to pyros, etc...but that's one place i would always bring a camera? so would it be the z750 or 800?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:45 PM   #6

When you invcrease the ISO in a photo some grain is naturally induced. This photo was shot at ISO 1600.

The highest ISO avsilsble on the Casio 750Z is ISO 400, so it would not do well in low light level photos. Now that you have seen what the Olympus Stylus 800 can do, here is a sample no flash indoor photo taken with the Fuji F-10 at ISO 1600.

Until the new Fuji 5200 and the S-9000 are available, the Olympus Stylus 800 (less than $400) and the Fuji (less than $300) are the only two digital cameras that can utilize ISO settings up to ISO 1600.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote