Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:59 PM   #11

whoops.
turkish a. punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:40 AM   #12

The Casio Z750 is pretty quick. From Steve's conclusions:
"Shooting performance was robust. From power up to first image captured averaged 1.8 seconds, which confirms Casio's claim of extremely fast start-up times. This is pretty amazing when you consider it has to extend the lens and boot up. The all important shutter lag is almost non-existent when pre-focused and only 1/10 of a second including autofocus. The shot-to-shot delay averaged just under 1.6 seconds without the use of the flash and 2.0 seconds with the flash."
The dpreview speed tests showed 0.2 seconds for full shutter press lag, which is I think a little more realistic throughout the zoom range.

I have one and really like it, but you might review the lens error problems some people are having on the Casio board. The lens extends so quickly that if you extend it accidentally in your jeans pocket it can cause problems. I just carry mine with the mode dial in audio record to guarantee I won't have the problem, but if you think you don't want to do that you might want to consider something else.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 6:02 AM   #13

slipe wrote:
Quote:
The lens extends so quickly that if you extend it accidentally in your jeans pocket it can cause problems.
It might make you or women around you look uneasy in some situations... :G
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 2:04 PM   #14

Relax, Gaul...it's only a 3x zoom.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:13 PM   #15
JFW

duh... and I thought he meant it might break the camera. Where was my head????:?

(Don't go there!)

j:bye:

Back to the topic at hand... would some of the "sports models", (i.e., Oly C5500 - just example) be something to check out.... Or are they trying more to reduce lag time and not so much between shot time?? The Casio sounds cool.. maybe I should look at that, as well. I truly understand the need to "move" when children are involved. (All off the top of a seriously jet-lagging head.)(Thanks for your patience)

JFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:17 PM   #16

Your guys forgot Kyrocera SL400R. It's got a lightning fast processor but it gets really hot and drains battery fast too. But it's by far the smoothest camera I've ever experienced in terms ofauto focusspeed and shutter lag. Unlike cameras that have lens right in middle of the surface, the Kyrocera got lens at a corner. You can hold it just like the way you hold a gun and shoot pictures at the rate of 3.5 frames per second (!!)and nobody would notice you are taking pictures. You can also swivel the lens in all directions. The only con about it is the dynamic range is rather bad and battery like I said can only hold about 100 shots. Anyways, too bad Kyrocera don't make those anymore, you can get new ones on ebay for 150 still or refurbs for cheaper. Read Steve's review on the SL300R which should have similar technology.

leon3536 is offline   Reply With Quote