Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:10 PM   #21

I own an Olympus E-300 dSLR, but I was considering the Sony Cyber Shot DSC-H1 with a 12x zoom and image stabilization currently found on Internet for $379-$499 depending on which Internet site you like to purchase from....
HornOUBet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:20 PM   #22

Oh yeah, I have compared image samples between the Sony I mentioned above and the Fuji 7000, and (imho) the Sony looks substanitally better....
HornOUBet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:27 PM   #23

Seriously, you might as well go for DSLR if you consider yourself as a avid photographer. Otherwise don't even spend more than 200 on a camera. The resolution don't make much difference in daily P&S and there are plenty manual controls on most cameras. Recent deals like the Canon SD200 for 160. Olympus C755 with 10x zoom for 176 should fit just what you need. The price on digicams come down so fast you will just end up losing money and taking 95% of pictures that can be taken by a 150 dollar camera for the same effect.
leon3536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:30 PM   #24

I ended up getting the FZ20. Got it from Butterfly Photo for $428.80, shipped two day.. of course, I had to deal with the rude salesmen on the phone, but other than that, the camera arrived...

Its a beast, compared to my previous Canon A20 p&s; even though a compact style isn't what I was looking for. The FZ20 feels very comfortable in my hands, even though I have fairly small hands for a male..

JLBENEDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:31 PM   #25

I just purchased the Olympus SP-350 and the Fuji S9000. Hereare the links to the photos I posted in other messages on this board:

Olympus SP-350: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ghlight=sp-350

Fuji Finepix S9000: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...16&page=24

I am very happy with both purchases. The 350 will travel with me always and the 9000 for when I am really serious! As I get to know these cameras better, I'll be back to let you know more!!

Bye for now,

Donnita
Donnita is offline   Reply With Quote