Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:32 PM   #11

B1ue wrote: How accurate is this comparison? I have an S2 and I don't recall seeing a hot-shoe on it anywhere. At least not on the top :?
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:46 PM   #12

swgod98 wrote:
Quote:
B1ue wrote: How accurate is this comparison? I have an S2 and I don't recall seeing a hot-shoe on it anywhere. At least not on the top :?

Yeah, there seem to be a number of questionable assertions in that table. My understanding (I'm sure Speaklightly can provide confrimation or correction) is that the P850 only has ISO 800 at a reduced (1.2 M Pixel?) size. Further, virtually all the things that Blue references in the table with respect to the 5200, except the lack of IS and 10x vs 12x, are explicitly contradicted by the spec sheet from Fuji: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...600z.asp#specs

I don't know what is true. I don'town the camera. But I do wonder whether the comparison table is reliable.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:38 PM   #13

Wow, thanks swgod98 and tclune! I just checked the Fuji site and the LetsGoDigital specs are definitely wrong! Now I'm going to put the 5200 on my "maybe" list.
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:21 PM   #14

B1ue wrote:
Quote:
Wow, thanks swgod98 and tclune! I just checked the Fuji site and the LetsGoDigital specs are definitely wrong! Now I'm going to put the 5200 on my "maybe" list.

Hi, B1ue. The negative thing that caught my eye in the 5200 specs is the flash situation. I gather that the built-in flash is pretty wimpy, and the camera doesn't appear to have a hot shoe. I'm not sure of any of this, but I'd keep an eye out for weakness on that front.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote