Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:18 AM   #1

I have been taking pictures with my Canon G1 for some years now. Now it's time for me to choose a faster and better camera.

First I was considering the Pro1 or Coolpix 8700/8800, because they seem very good quality cameras. Then I noticed the A200 and what I liked very much about this camera is the manual zoom. However maybe the picture quality is a little less?

Bottom line: I am looking for an affordable camera (price range € 500-600). It needs to be fast, have excellent picture quality and is fun to use.Also a manual zoom is a big advantage. I think I do not need an SLR camera, because for me there is no need to change lenses.

Please advice. I'd also consider other brands.
Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2005, 7:27 AM   #2

Take a look at the new Fuji S9000...I think it meets all of your requirements. Go to the Fujifilm forum here...there's a wealth of information available.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:07 AM   #3

Raimundo-

I think that Rinni is very correct. The Fuji S-9000 is most probably your best choice. The Canon Pro-1, and the Nikon 8700/8800 have very slow startup, exposure, and shot to shot times. Just check the reviews. The KM A-200 does not set any speed records as well.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:36 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies.

The Fuji S9000 (S9500 in Europe) certainly seems a very good one. Now the choice is either the Fuji S9500 or the KM A200. Both having more than enough megapixels.

The KM A200 has image stabiliser and a lower price, whereas the S9500 has an advanced Super CCD HR. What other pros and cons can you suggest?

Since the A200 is already a year old, won't there be a successor to this camera soon?
Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:24 PM   #5

Raimundo-

There are no replacements for the KM A-200 that I have heard mentioned. However, in all fairness, KM have probably had there hands full with the KM 5D intro. Maybe now is the time for an a-200 replacement.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote