Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2005, 7:57 PM   #1

I'm all set to get the FZ5 or FZ20 and then I read about these new Fuji cameras coming out. Should I wait. I do want to get an ultra zoom. What is the difference between the highly touted image stabilizer and the device that Fuji uses which escapes my memory? Thanks.
nyjets011269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:04 PM   #2

Gary-

IMHO I would wait. Also please take a look at my answer above to the thread titled "Fuji S-5200 or Canon S-2 - tell me what you think" It is there that I discuss both ISO and IS in detail.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:25 PM   #3

Nyjets,

"Should I wait", certainly. Be patient, the battle between camera makers has just begun.

Fuji has regrouped and hit the market with their fearsome expertise in the 35mm film area, their outstanding performance, their ace card. They are standing on high ground at the end of the product, no matter how good our cameras are we need to see the pictures, we need to print the pictures, Fuji know this quite well, they carefully designed and loaded these two cameras to the max, the S5200 and the S9000 are factory armed to the teeth.

Fuji is not a traditional camera maker, it is interesting to know who are their camera design engineers come from, are they new hired experts from Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax...?

Judging from the pictures I can see the all the controls are well placed, the physical shape is similar to the S5100, very handsome cameras.

Very important, canthese cameras takeaccurate color pictures as our eyes can see? I want to refer to their beautiful 35mm Fuji film REALA. Let's wait and see.

CS.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:14 AM   #4

Sarah, I read your post about the s5200 and the s2. It made a lot of sense and I am going to hold off and wait for the reviews and samples for the s5200. That was a nice picture of the dancer. Thank's again.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:15 AM   #5

Coldshot,thank's for the insightful reply. I am pumped about this camera and anxiously await the reviews and sample shots. Thank's again.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 6:52 PM   #6

Gary-

The Fuji S-5200 is scheduled to be released to the market in mid October. So please be patient. It a coming!

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:28 PM   #7

"Fuji is not a traditional camera maker..."

Fuji's name wasn't as prominent as Nikon, Canon, etc., but they made fine 35mm SLR's for decades.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:20 PM   #8

lucky-

I disagree with your statement. Fuji has produced many very fine digital cameras and dSLR cameras especially in the past three to four years. They have a very fine record. I conduct digital camera workshops all over the world and I see lots of very happy and enthusiasticFuji users. Finally, Fuji digital cameras have also received many great reviews, including some right on this website by Steve.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:57 AM   #9

I am a Fuji camera fan because they are famous for the best bang for the buck, and their technology is in the same class as Canon and Nikon. I need high zoom and good low light imaging, andI find that Fuji excells in the low light area. I am lookingto replacie my antique Fuji S602 withthe S9000,that uses a high ISO setting to reduce the blur from unsteady camera. So far the reviews are good, and most people like the low light imaging.

I will be waiting till spring before buying for 2 reasons:The prices should come down after the holidays. And by springtime the new cameras and reviews should beestablished,so we can seeifanycontenders are worth considering.
joe9999b is offline   Reply With Quote