Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:32 PM   #1

I have been a holdout, using film with the exception of when IĀ* need to post something online, and then I use my Fuji, nice little digital...but I am thinking of selling my Contaz TVR11 and T-3 as while they offer great shots I end up not takingĀ* the film for processing often, I end up with some shots that are not great, etc, etc, etc. So as I am someone who likes high quality I started reading. Too bad I cannot get a ricoh in this country, they look nice and high quality, like thier little point and shoot GR series..so I read some on Steve's and went to the consumer stuff more than the enthusiast mostly because I want something small, I don't want to lug stuff around, light and small. So the sony 's, Cybershot P200 and the W7, Canon Power shot SD500 and the Fuji FinePix E550 got my attention. I am hoping to get pointed in the right direction, and please feel free to make other recommendations. I would love to see where I could do a comparison side by side on line of some of these.Thanksguitone
guitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:38 PM   #2

guitone-

Truly, I believe that you under estimate what digital cameras are really capable of in terms of producing great photos. please take a look at the attached digital photo. I think that digital photos are much more capable than you might think. And please take note of the fact that there arerun of the mill digital cameras too.

Take your time and get a good digital camera that really meets your needs.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:45 PM   #3

I am sure I do underestimate them, that is why I want some guidance...Nice picture.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:11 AM   #4

I think Canon, Sony, and Fuji make good small cameras. I would add Panasonic and Nikon to the list as well. There is a links page on this site:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/digre...s.html#digicam
Two places on this page that I think are very good and that can do side by side comparisons are dpreview.com and dcresource.com.
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:31 AM   #5

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.BruceMcL wrote:I think Canon, Sony, and Fuji make good small cameras. I would add Panasonic and Nikon to the list as well. There is a links page on this site:
Quote:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/digresources.html#digicam
Quote:

Two places on this page that I think are very good and that can do side by side comparisons are dpreview.com and dcresource.com.