Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 24, 2005, 8:04 PM   #1

Hey Everyone,

Is the price difference between the Fuji F10 (around $300) and the Fuji E510 (around $135 w/ rebates) really worth it?

Ironically I have both in my possession now. The F10 is for me - I've played around with it for 2 days and generally like it, though it isn't exactly "wowing" me to death (except of course in low light, which was a big motivating factor)

The E510 is a Christmas gift for the parents. I've been trying to restrain myself from giving it a test run too since it is sealed in the box.

The MPs are relatively the same in my book (I don't particularly care if a camera is 5 or 6 MPs - either is plenty good for my use)

I like the speed of the F10, both start up and lack of shutter lag, and the low light performance. However, I also like that the E510 has a wide angle.

I basically want a good point/shoot camera to slide into the purse for everyday use -- including outside and inside shots - people, animals, landscapes.

I'm not a fan of the flash for inside shots, especially of people as it tends to be blinding & annoying and/or if in places where flashes aren't really appropriate.

So what is the verdict out there - is the F10 really worth $160-ish more than the E510?

TIA
Sue

** Oh one thing I forgot to mention - I'm not big on doing the Photoshop thing (or any "after" processing on the computer). I don't mind the simple stuff (cropping, resizing,etc) but beyond that...not going to happen
photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:22 PM   #2

I'd like to hear what people say. I'm about to put my foot down and buy a F10.
some_stupid_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:23 PM   #3

Another day with my F10 and the more I like it. Well it isn't that I didn't like it to begin with but I've decided it is a keeper. It isn't the perfect camera (please tell me what one is) but I'm definitely happy with it. The more I use it, the more I like it and there is just nothing that can beat these low light shots.

I'd still love to hear any other thoughts or opinions if they are out there!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:29 PM   #4

Today our team went out for some fun and played putt-putt golf. It is brilliantly sunny today (temps in the mid 80's) and I took a TON of pictures with the Fuji F10 today. It is definitely a keeper. I had no problem in the bright sun with the LCD. (Of course, I have problems seeing anything in bright sun which is why I always wear sunglasses...even with them, I saw the shots pretty well).

Most of the shots were in Auto mode with either the camera set to ISO 80 or in Auto - pics came out great.

I guess I'll wait until the holidays and see how my parents E510 does.

cheers!