Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2005, 3:57 PM   #21

Not to my knowledge. But as I have said somewhere I asked the man in my preferred camera-shop here in Copenhagen and he said that Canon and Konica Minolta - in his experience - offered the best service. At the same time he told me that the shop had had one of their own A200's in for repair since May - and still hadn't recieved it (as of 27th September!!!).
janniklindquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 4:04 PM   #22

BTW, Pterrr: Where does the new semi-low-budget dSLR's fit into your considerations? Both Nikon's D50, Canon's 350 and KM's Dynax/Maxximum 5D seems like very capable and interesting cameras. I'm very pleased with my new A200 - but I still wonder if I wouldn't have been better of by taking the plunge and go for the KM Dynax 5D.
janniklindquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:42 PM   #23

janniklindquist wrote:
Quote:
BTW, Pterrr: Where does the new semi-low-budget dSLR's fit into your considerations? Both Nikon's D50, Canon's 350 and KM's Dynax/Maxximum 5D seems like very capable and interesting cameras. I'm very pleased with my new A200 - but I still wonder if I wouldn't have been better of by taking the plunge and go for the KM Dynax 5D.
I have been looking a bit at dSLRs. I've got a few pentax lenses knocking about, but nothing to make me feel I need a pentax dSLR. In fact, I think I get better picture quality out of my dad's 4mp KM F200 than I do with film prints from my SLR at my local photoshop.

Much as an optical viewfinder is undoubtably better in many ways, I wish they had an option of live moveable LCD preview, live histogram and video as well. I'm coming to accept that video won't be brilliant on any primarily stills camera at the moment, so that's less of a factor. The kit lenses on most of them look like they'd probably cover most of my needs, but I don't know how great they'd be for macros. It'd be nice to have a good tele, but that could wait.

The dSLRs as a rule do seem to be streets ahead of any 'prosumer' (I don't like that word) in terms of noise at high sensitivities. The the KM 5D with it's built in IS does look like a great low-light camera. Not having an electric preview means the batteries can last much longer.

Well, that's what springs to mind on the subject. Maybe I will lean more towards dSLRs. I had felt like things are liable to change quite a lot in that area in the fairly near future, and that they are appealing to some kind of irrelevant idea of what a 'serious' camera is supposed to be (no video, etc). I don't know now. Anyway I'm going to post this before I loose it again.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote