Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:37 PM   #1

Hi all,
I'm sure this happens allot on the forum but bear with me. I currently shoot a DCS - 520, it was my first DSLR (not my first SLR as that was a Minolta X750), it was a good deal at the time, in which I paid 600.00$ (CAD).I received it with obviously no storage card thus I had to purchase one along with a PCMCIA to CF II as the 520 used the old flash I cards, I also needed to buy a EC-25 Eye cup as that was missing. I did however receive 4 batteries, the dual charger and the ac adapter. I've purchased a bunch of Canon lenses so far as well I am impressed with this camera even though its shooting MP is only 2.7 but now its time to upgrade as I have found a buyer for my beast locally and I fear I should sell it now while I can. Thus here is my situation

The gentlemen is offering 300.00$ (CAD) for the body and about 100$ each for the lenses and the flash (see my sig).I'm very tight on cash as is so I was curious given my situation what I should look into for a replacement or if I should at all given that I have Canon lenses and accessories not to mention the feature set I have on the DCS - 520 is closer to the 1D then say the D30 or D60 which are in my price range and I think that possibly going to those bodies I would have a disadvantage of loosing those and only gaining resolution.

I was looking into the Fuji S2 or S1 (I would really like to hear any experiences with the S1 if there are any users out there) and the D100 but there would be the process of learning the camera all over again and having to repurchase lenses etc.The same results follow for the Sigma SD9 and SD10 which I had looked into.

Anyway I would really appreciate any advice and help on the situation, maybe my reasoning on this is all wrong. Thank you kindly in advance.

P.S. - my skills so far are amateur at best but if you'd like to see my current shots please visit
http://www.pbase.com/maxjenkins and critic me if you'd like.
CommonWealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:11 PM   #2

Any one ?
CommonWealth is offline   Reply With Quote